[Omaha.pm] Fork with a disown

Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Sat Nov 26 13:27:32 PST 2011

You could use a double fork on Unix to cause the parent to disown the
child. There's some info on how to do this in perlfaq8 (look for "daemon"
or "background"). I do not know how current that FAQ is. You can also look
for daemon, process, and IPC modules on CPAN for doing this.

Cheers.

--
Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp
sterling at hanenkamp.com