[Omaha.pm] 5.8 becomes unsupported in April

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Jan 28 14:47:59 PST 2011

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm trying to convince my co-workers that listing
"Perl 5.8 or greater" as a requirement is more of a hindrance now...

Question: Does Perl follow the even/odd method of denoting a production vs
development track, or does the number following the first decimal point just
happen to be even in all the common examples?

Dan

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 15:04, Jay Hannah <jhannah at mutationgrid.com> wrote:

> Will your perl remain supported -- and what does that mean?
>
> Remember, Perl shops: if you're still on 5.8 come April, you're on an
> unsupported legacy version. Current versions are 5.10.1 and 5.12.3
>
> http://rjbs.manxome.org/rubric/entry/1872
>
> Jay Hannah
> Software Architect
> jhannah at mutationgrid.com | http://mutationgrid.com | 1-402-598-7782

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    (Who can watch the watchmen?)
    -- from the Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them."
    -- Isaac Asimov (Author)