[Omaha.pm] DBIx::Class::Journal

Jay Hannah jhannah at mutationgrid.com
Mon Feb 7 13:44:58 PST 2011

On Feb 7, 2011, at 3:28 PM, Sean Baker wrote:
> From CPAN:
>
> LIMITATIONS ^
>
> * Only single-column integer primary key'd tables are supported for auditing.

That's my standard anyway, so I'm cool with that.

> * Rows changed as a result of CASCADE settings on your database will not be detected by the module and hence not journalled.

Ya, that's to be expected, and not a problem for me. My RDBMSs are intentionally kept very dumb.  :)

> * Updates made via "update" in DBIx::Class::ResultSet are not yet supported.

Really? Ooof. I'd have to patch that to adopt it. Less work to add that then to invent my own wheel again?

> * No API for viewing or restoring changes yet.

Ya, presumably there's a set of tables sitting in the database I can query. The same way I would when I roll my own. I'm not sure I'd want a complex API.  -ponder-

Jay Hannah
Software Architect
jhannah at mutationgrid.com | http://mutationgrid.com | 1-402-598-7782