[Omaha.pm] community development server

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Sep 16 09:48:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 14:05, Jay Hannah <jhannah at mutationgrid.com> wrote:

> Hmm... I'm having no problems connecting from 3 different networks
> ($work[0], UNO, UNMC). There's no firewall on the machine. I never told
> linode anything about any specific networks. Can you try from another
> network? Can you ping it? Can you connect to port 80?

*head slap*

I forgot my firewall is configured to block all out-bound packets by
default.  This was the first SSH system I tried to access through the
firewall, so those packets were getting dropped.  Sorry for the confusion.

On another topic....

Jay, it looks like you compiled Perl 5.12.2 on this system, correct?

Would you mind recompiling it with the "usemymalloc" option?  I'd like to
play with the OutOfMemory reservation space ($^M) and see if it is truly
dead as this PerlMonks thread implies:
    http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=287850

Thanks!

Dan