[Omaha.pm] Meeting tomorrow, 7pm; community dev server

Jay Hannah jhannah at mutationgrid.com
Mon Sep 13 13:13:33 PDT 2010

Meeting time again! Woot!

Tonight I'll launch the "community dev server" that I mentioned last meeting, and point odlug.org at it. I'll present "From Zero to Catalyst" -- how to launch and install a full web stack on the linode.com virtual hosting service.

Catalyst, Perl, Apache, fastcgi, Moose, DBIx::Class, Template Toolkit...

If you're coming to the meeting and want to pitch in a dollar or two a month, email me your preferred username and I'll create you an account and grant you sudoers access to blow things up and/or install your favorite languages / development environments. Hopefully odlug.org becomes a show case for all the tech that people in Omaha love to use.   :)

Should I throw WordPress on it too? I suppose my little company should be blogging useful things. Any interest?

http://odlug.org   (Mediawiki until sometime tonight   -grin-)

  Tuesday September 14 2010, 7pm
  (2nd Tuesday of every month)
  UNO's Peter Kiewit Institute (PKI)