[Omaha.pm] Intermittent Perl error...

Jay Hannah jhannah at mutationgrid.com
Fri Oct 29 09:47:29 PDT 2010

On Oct 29, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Dan Linder wrote:
> Software error:
> Undefined subroutine &main::MySubroutine called at MyCGI.cgi line 123
>
> I'm asking my server admin to send me the Apache log files (it's a remote server I don't have access to) - is there anything else to look at?

Is it vanilla CGI (perl is executed for every page hit)? mod_perl? fastcgi? other?

I'd write a little WWW::Mechanize program to hit it 1000 times and see how many times the error occurs. If you think it's load related somehow (really? eek) then you could use Apache Benchmark (ab) to nail the heck out of it and see if load does indeed cause a problem.

Do you have another server with the same software to compare results?

HTH,

Jay Hannah
Software Architect
jhannah at mutationgrid.com | http://mutationgrid.com | 1-402-598-7782