[Omaha.pm] Question: ODLUG.org and SOAP with PERL

Jay Hannah jhannah at mutationgrid.com
Fri Oct 1 08:17:03 PDT 2010

We used SOAP::Lite quite a bit a few years back, but RESTy XML / JSON interfaces seem to be more trendy nowadays? At the time the SOAP::Lite POD was sufficient to get our stuff running. I'm not directly familiar with that Perl SOAP guide (or any other), sorry.  In my experience SOAP interfaces often aren't very SOAPy at all, they just expose a method or two dumping XML payloads, and that's it. Maybe in a .NET or J2EE universe those exposures are more complete?  ("I clicked the 'enable SOAP' button!"   -grin-)

Anyone doing any hardcore SOAP via any platform in Omaha?

For SOAP::Lite specifically, looks like this is the place to be:

Rearding your specific error below, SOAP::Transport::HTTP seems to be part of SOAP::Lite on CPAN, so if you have SOAP::Lite installed it should find that module.

   http://search.cpan.org/~mkutter/SOAP-Lite-0.712/

To install:    cpan SOAP::Lite

Does that help?

Jay Hannah