[Omaha.pm] Perl Telecommuter Research

Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Tue May 18 21:31:45 PDT 2010

I'm giving a couple talks at YAPC this year in Columbus. One of them is on
telecommuting. I'm doing some research to collect material to (hopefully)
make my talk better. If you want to help, here's the deal:

I'm giving a talk at YAPC 2010 on telecommuting as a software developer. For
the talk to be successful, I'm going to need more than just my own
experience to pull from. If you are a telecommuter and have a moment, I
would appreciate your help in filling out this survey.

The goal of the talk is two-fold:

1. I want to explain the benefits and risks of telecommuting as a Perl
developer.
2. I want to provide some practical tips to help fellow telecommuters.

I want the format to be oriented towards telling a number of stories about
telecommuters with practical advice interspersed.

Please answer the parts you want and ignore the rest. It's long and I don't
expect everyone to answer. This is more about sparking than being scientific
or complete.

http://tinyurl.com/2e7mwut

Feel free to pass this on as well.

Thank you.