[Omaha.pm] Fwd: Seeking senior Perl talent for quantitative finance at Bank of America in Atlanta, GA

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Jun 17 12:53:54 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Seeking senior Perl talent for quantitative finance at Bank of
America in Atlanta, GA
Date: 	Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:05:17 -0700
From: 	Jirak, Peter <peter.jirak at bankofamerica.com>
To: 	Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net>

Hi Jay,

My name is Peter Jirak. I am a Vice President of Quantitative Finance at
Bank of America in Atlanta, Georgia. I am a senior Perl developer with
ten years of experience. I work in Quantitative Finance within the
Corporate Investment Group on the implementation team at Bank of America
in Atlanta, Georgia. We are currently looking for highly skilled Perl
Developers to join our quantitative finance team in Atlanta, GA.

CIG designs and implements a suite of complex valuation tools and
models. We are a linux/open source shop using over 1000 linux processors
to price and analyze over $400 billion in investments with our C++ and
Perl models.

Our work is fast-paced and intellectually challenging, and we interact
daily with traders, mathematicians, and senior bank management to
improve our models and adapt to changing market needs. We have a fun
atmosphere with casual dress, daily chess puzzles, and unlimited
opportunities to learn finance as well as to challenge your technical
skills. No knowledge of finance is necessary for this position, but
willingness and aptitude for learning is.

We offer very competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package
including 401(k) with employer contributions, a pension plan, medical,
dental and vision.

This position is open to US residents, US citizens and people seeking US
work visa sponsorship. Bank of America is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates not currently living in the Atlanta area will be considered
for this position in addition to local candidates. Some relocation
assistance may be available.

Here is a URL for this position:
http://careers.bankofamerica.com/JobDetails.aspx?SearchPage=ASP&CountryId=1&JobId=0900037336

I am contacting you in case you are interested in this position or know
someone who may be. Please feel free to share this with others. You or
anyone who is interested should email me a resume and detailed cover letter.

Thanks, Sincerely,

Peter C. Jirak

Quantitative Finance

peter.jirak at bankofamerica.com