[Omaha.pm] Perl CGI, start_form(), and alt tags...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Jan 10 19:06:38 PST 2010

I may have found something that keeps the "button" appearance, but
allows the text to be copied and pasted:  <button type=submit>Button
Name</button>
When that button is part of the copy-and-paste selection, the "Button
Name" is part of the text that is printed.

So, when my sample code is changed to this:
======= begin HTML =======
<form method="post" action="drilldown.cgi" alt="111">
 <button type=submit>111</button>
</form>

<form method="post" action="drilldown.cgi" alt="222">
 <button type=submit>222</button>
</form>

The resulting text that is copied is this:
Omaha 	111	222	33.3%

Thanks for all the pointers!

Dan
--