[Omaha.pm] "Coding Kata" coding challenges

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Apr 28 07:48:13 PDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 7:12 AM, Michael Kolakowski wrote:
> Actually, a group of us have started doing these at Union Pacific.  We meet every day first thing in the morning and go through a kata.
>
> We've been doing the Bowling Kata from Bob Martin and sometimes the prime factors one as well.  I find it very helpful and it's a good way to start the day.  It's been successful enough that it is being turned into an official class to be offered in June!
>
> Kata's certainly are not bound to any particular language -- or any subject for that matter.
>
> When is the next meeting?

Omaha Perl Mongers meets in conjunction with the Omaha Dynamic Language Users Group on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.

   Tuesday May 11 2010, 7pm
   http://jays.net/wiki/Odlug

Our May agenda is set (Sam Tesla presents GO and/or Haskell), but if you could lead the June meeting with a "this is how we do Katas at U.P." I think that would be awesome!  :)  The room is full of computers and lots of people bring laptops, so they could each work the Kata in their own preferred tool... or however Katas work.  :)

   Various challenges we've worked on:
   http://github.com/jhannah/odynug

Cheers,