[Omaha.pm] Fwd: Perl for Android

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Sep 3 08:43:14 PDT 2009

Anyone have an Android phone?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Kc] Perl for Android
Date: 	Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:02:07 -0500
From: 	Ivan Greene <ivantis at ivantis.net>
To: 	kcpm <kc at mail.pm.org>

All right! The Android Scripting Environment (ASE) now supports Perl!
Download an .apk of ASE here: http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list
I might write an app for downloading and installing CPAN modules as
soon as I buy another microSD, my old one got lost :(
Also, ASE has support as a Locale plugin (the closest thing to a
crontab system on Android) to run scripts after an event occurs (a
contact calls, it is a certain time, or you are in a certain area via
GPS)
Anyway, it seems cool, no idea how much support or how buggy it is.
Hopefully at least LWP::Simple will work

--Ivan