[Omaha.pm] KiokuDB

Travis McArthur travis at travisbsd.org
Sat May 2 09:17:23 PDT 2009

Jay Hannah wrote:
> Huh. This looks neat for rapid prototyping. I might be scared for
> large-volume data, but maybe I could give it a try for some smaller
> new service... Looks like the learning curve and code overhead is tiny!
>
>    http://www.iinteractive.com/kiokudb/
>    http://blog.woobling.org/

Thanks for the link Jay, this looks really quite interesting.  Kind of
sounds like a RDBMS backend for FreezeThaw almost (The Linker/Collapser
being Freeze/Thaw respectively).  I'll have to check this out some and
see how it performs, have a new in-house application I might try porting
to use this for fun today.

And yeah, I guess my primary concern might be speed of access compared
to a traditional RDBMS since the indexing is done internally.  But for
small applications that would most benefit from this, probably not an issue.

Best Regards,
Travis