[Omaha.pm] Suggested XML modules...

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri May 1 13:28:11 PDT 2009

On May 1, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Dan Linder wrote:
> It's the simple fact that I (single developer) have to keep it
> updated on numerous binary platforms (Linux x86, Solaris SPARC,
> Solaris x86, HPUX PA-RISC, HPUX Itanium, OSF/1, AIX PowerPC, etc).
>
> I'm not afraid of the recompile issue, but I'd rather use Perl to
> write it once and use it anywhere. (Apologies to the Java catch-
> phrase!)

Wow, that's a real bummer...

I'm spoiled. We deploy to a few dozen SuSE Linux machines and we're
done.

I wonder how much your company spends every year maintaining the
overhead of your diversity?

(How many of those have your tried compiling Expat on? None, because
you learned long ago not to play that game? Thank goodness Perl can
compile on all those!! (Perl 5 Porters)++ woot!)

XML::Twig fanboi