[Omaha.pm] Suggested XML modules...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri May 1 13:07:32 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 13:52, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:

> Why do you have to avoid Expat? It won't bite you, I promise. We've had
> zero trouble with that dependency.  :)
>   http://expat.sourceforge.net/

It's the simple fact that I (single developer) have to keep it updated on
numerous binary platforms (Linux x86, Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, HPUX
PA-RISC, HPUX Itanium, OSF/1, AIX PowerPC, etc).

I'm not afraid of the recompile issue, but I'd rather use Perl to write it
once and use it anywhere. (Apologies to the Java catch-phrase!)

Dan

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)