[Omaha.pm] Suggested XML modules...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri May 1 10:42:01 PDT 2009

Hello!

Months ago I asked this list about peoples experience with XML handling
modules.

One handy reply was the Perl 5 Wiki listing their recommeded XML modules:
http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?recommended_xml_modules
and
http://perl-xml.sourceforge.net/faq/ <http://perl-xml.sourceforge.net/faq/>
(Thanks Andy!)

Others suggested XML::Twig which has my interest... (Thanks Jay!)

Unfortunately, we've recently run into some issues where our code was using
the Expat perl module which calls out to a binary Expat.so.  In our system,
this is a no-no - we're trying to stay pure Perl and not use binary modules.

Anyway, I was poking around and I found the "XML::TreePP" (PP == Pure
Perl).  It looks like it's fairly active (last update was January), and it
will parse XML to data structures, and write XML from hash/array structures.

Anyone else have any experience with this module?  Thoughts?

Is there another pure-perl XML module I might have overlooked?

Thanks,

Dan