[Omaha.pm] [odynug] Re: Pet paradise challenge: perl_1: basic parsing done

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Mar 14 18:33:24 PDT 2009

http://github.com/jhannah/odynug/tree/master

On Mar 14, 2009, at 8:14 PM, Jay Hannah wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2009, at 6:40 PM, Ben Heath wrote:
>> So can a small cage hold an animal that is > 60 pounds?
>
> Nope. I haven't implemented the cage restriction logic yet. Patches
> welcome.  :)

Oh... I should probably check before I answer. :)  Looks like the
README doesn't say anything about the weight of the single pet
allowed in the small cage. So I guess anything is fair game.

Things I haven't implemented:
- Since "Your hotel has 4 small cages" I need to stop at 4 SMALL and
start filling LARGE.
- I haven't implemented any of the LARGE logic, including the weight
restrictions and DOG/CAT polarity rule.
- If on any given night all 4 SMALL and 3 LARGE are full then I have
to reject that customer.

... I wonder if this is enough demand? The point of the exercise was
to overflow the hotel, forcing you to have to pick which business to
accept... Maybe we need more demand or fewer cages for that to really
show up? Oops? We'll see...