[Omaha.pm] Next meeting: Jan 13

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sun Jan 11 01:48:31 PST 2009

On Jan 10, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Blaine Buxton wrote:
> The next meeting of ODYNUG is upon us. It snuck up on me! Anyway, I
> have a slight prediciment and need some help. Unfortunately, our
> speaker for this month had to back out. So, what I'm asking what do
> you guys want to do? We could do a sharing meeting (show off what
> you are loving in frameworks, languages, etc) or if anyone wants
> just to get up and talk. Let's discuss!

I can present any of my usual shtick:

    http://jays.net/wiki/ODynUG#Volunteers

I've been doing a lot of Catalyst (Perl web framework) lately, so
that would be my most natural presentation. Our Catalyst website at
$work went live on Dec. 6:

    https://ssl.omnihotels.com/
    https://ssl.omnihotels.com/?debug_mode=1

So I could give a tour of that, and/or start new website(s) from
scratch and demo debugging in the l33t hax0r5 Catalyst dev server  -
grin-. We use Template Toolkit for all the HTML, which is wicked slick.

There was a rumor I might be presenting some of this at UNO this
semester, so maybe I better get on the ball.  :)