[Omaha.pm] [OT] Subversion assistance...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Feb 11 09:09:14 PST 2009

I've got some Subversion repository files (a .tar.gz of a persons local
file:// repository) that I would like to put up on our Apache-hosted
Subversion server for others to have access to.

I've tried copying the files to a new repository directory on the server,
but when I do a "svn co http://$server/newrepo" (or ../$server/repo/trunk) I
get the message that this repository has been moved. :-(

I know I could just check them out, remove the .svn directories, then push
them into a new repository, but I was hoping to keep some of the old change
logs.

Anyone have any other ideas and/or possibly a tool (perl!) that I could try?

Thanks,

Dan

p.s. this is using Subversion 1.5 if that helps.

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal