[Omaha.pm] [olug] Command Line App Helper

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Tue Dec 22 12:45:29 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Todd Christopher Hamilton
<netarttodd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a perl module that helps me easily create good command line applications.  Has anyone tried using any of the ones out there?
>
> Something like:
>
> App::Rad
> App::Cmd

I haven't used it, but in the interest of Modern/Enlightened[0] Perl
best practices, I'd start with a look at MooseX::App::Cmd[1].  From a
quick look at it, it mashes up MooseX::Getopt and App::Cmd, allowing
you to write moose commands as Moose classes, with MooseX::Getopt
defining the options.

[0] http://www.modernperlbooks.com/
     http://www.enlightenedperl.org/
[1] http://search.cpan.org/~nuffin/MooseX-App-Cmd/