[Omaha.pm] Regional VBScript programmers mailing list?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Apr 1 06:36:35 PDT 2009

I'm working on a project at work and have to update the VBScript portion to
run on Windows 2008 and Vista.  Due to some of the changes in Win2K8, the
data I'm looking for is no longer present at their old locations.
(Specifically Windows service pack and hotfix information details that use
to be under "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix" -
that branch doesn't exist anymore.  From what I can see, the new method is
to use WMI calls and query the "Win32_QuickFixEngineering" portion, but that
only contains part of the data.)

Now to my question... :-)

I know these lists (OLUG and Perl Mongers) are definately not the correct
mailing list for this sort of thing, but what other local (i.e. Omaha
Nebraska and/or regional) lists can others recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal