[Omaha.pm] Suggested XML modules...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Nov 30 13:26:15 PST 2008

I was looking at it a bit because our XML files have the potential to get
quite large (>50GB dumps).  On the other hand, the day-to-day files should
stay quite manageable (between 100K to 10M), so XML::Twig's ability to
process only a portion of an XML file might be overkill.

Dan

(Those numbers are all very rough estimates and we're going through some
serious data cleansing to bring the large file down to the 50-500MB
range...)

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2008, at 12:31 AM, Dan Linder wrote:
>
>> From searching our e-mail archive, it seems like the two mentioned XML
>> modules are "XML::Simple" and "XML::Twig".
>>
>> Are there any other XML handling modules that people are using (or have
>> used)?
>>
>> Any thoughts into the pros/cons about the module you're using (or the ones
>> you passed up)?
>>

> At $work we use XML::Twig exclusively. Works great for us.  :)

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)