[Omaha.pm] Fishing for GUI ideas...

Todd Christopher Hamilton netarttodd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 04:39:11 PST 2008

For a year I have been using dojo.  It is a javascript ajax
development framework.  You might be able to accomplish what you want
using this tool.  I am always amazed at what people are doing with
that tool. It is open source and there are a lot of institutional
contributes.  Let me know what you think.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:51 AM, James Harr <jharr at ist.unomaha.edu> wrote:
> http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/
>
> GWT is a Java -> javascript compiler. It's what all of the google webapps
> are written in. If you write a little web-widget, the server-side code
> doesn't need to do any output formatting, just return JSON data. You could
> have the client widget request data when the user scrolls to that spot.
>
> At one point I thought they had a "scrollbar" widget, which wouldn't scroll
> anything, it'd just hand you the data. Apparently I'm mistaken. Though they
> do provide a lot of the facilities for writing a widget like that in a
> browser-independent manner.
>
> Check it out, might be worth playing with, might not.

Todd Christopher Hamilton
(402) 660-2787