[Omaha.pm] Help with File::Find

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Fri Nov 7 08:10:55 PST 2008

On Nov 7, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Jay Hannah wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Mike Hostetler wrote:
>> Very basic Perl functionality, yet the original author didn't
>> understand some basic concepts of Perl.  Like how subroutines work,
>> and the fact that not all variables need to be global.

File::Find is one of the oldest modules, and shows its heritage.  You
may not like the interface, but it's too late to change it now.

If you'd like a file finder with a more modern interface, may I
suggest File::Next?

> Have you contacted the CPAN author? Looks like the most recent
> File::Find was an "unauthorized release" only 6 weeks ago.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~tty/kurila-1.14_0/

kurila is sort of a fork of perl, and so any modules listed in there
will be shown as "unauthorized" on search.cpan.org.

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance