[Omaha.pm] Pulling data from a crappy MS-SQL server somewhere in Mexico...

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Mar 22 12:49:29 PDT 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 7:55 PM, Todd Christopher Hamilton wrote:
> I have a sql2000 database I would like to access via perl DBD::ODBC
> (or DBD::Sybase I suppose).  I installed Freetds and am able to
> access the database with the tsql command line client  But I am
> having trouble with my perl app accessing it.  I am sure it is all
> the wierd freetds.conf, odbc.ini stuff.

I've never tried DBD::ODBC. I've used a lot of this:

Perl <-> DBI <-> DBD::Sybase <-> freetds <-> MS-SQL

The key is getting DBD::Sybase to install successfully. Set all the
environmental variables per the README, and it should work or tell
you what's wrong. Once you get DBD::Sybase working, you're done.  :)

If DBD::Sybase won't install post the full dialogue here and or to
the dbi-users mailing list, and we should be able to figure it out.

HTH,