[Omaha.pm] regex to lift Crypt::Tea strings out of XML

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Mar 18 09:55:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Jay Hannah <jhannah at omnihotels.com> wrote:

> reverse() is neat. I didn't know/remember that Perl function.  :)

And for those of you wondering (like I was), here's what happens when you
run it with multiple values on the right side of the => sign...

*Code:*
use Data::Dumper;
use strict;
use warnings;
my %a2b = ( A=>000, B=>001, C=>001, D=>002 );
printf ("Original:\n");
printf Dumper(\%a2b);

my %b2a = reverse %a2b;
printf ("\n======================\nReversed:\n");
printf Dumper(\%b2a);

printf ("Done!\n");

*Output:*
Original:
$VAR1 = {
          'A' => 0,
          'D' => 2,
          'C' => 1,
          'B' => 1
        };

======================
Reversed:
$VAR1 = {
          '1' => 'C',
          '0' => 'A',
          '2' => 'D'
        };
Done!

*RESULT:*
*"There can be only one*" (to be expected with a hash variable), but there
aren't any warnings that appear when there are multiple values.  I'm not
certain if it is 'last one wins' (last being last one defined in original
hash), or 'first one wins' (first being the first as stored in memory and
shown in the Dumper output)...

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal