[Omaha.pm] UNO course changes

Robert Fulkerson robert.fulkerson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:35:22 PDT 2008

Howdy,

Yup, C++ has been tossed to the side for Java instead.  I have mixed
feelings about that, especially since I'm in charge of coordinating all of
the material for people teaching the first intro class, but we'll run with
Java for a few years and see how it goes.  Adding a required C course (which
used to be optional/elective) made me feel a bit better about the whole
switch.

Perl is still alive and well at UNO.  In fact, it's now in two classes:
CIST 1300 (Introduction to Web Development) and CSCI 2850 (Programming on
the Internet).  It's now a one-two punch of Perl and other webby things.
I'm restructuring 2850 for the spring 2009 semester and still trying to
figure out what to cover.  All I know right now is that it's the second in a
two-course sequence of Perl-y things.  :)

So Perl is alive and well at UNO.  Python, not so much, since I replaced it
in 1300 with Perl.

;)
-- b