[Omaha.pm] Rosetta Stone for Perl/VBScript/C/PHP/etc?

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 20:37:17 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Dan Linder <dan at linder.org> wrote:

> Has anyone run across a similar Perl<-->VBScript site?  (Maybe I should
> just make one up myself as I "crack the code" so to speak...)

I thought Microsoft had a script tool that included Perl and VBScript code,
but I couldn't find it on a quick search (may have been pre-Scriptomatic
2.0), but maybe this will help "crack the code".  What if you compared
VBScripts and Perl scripts from Microsoft's script repository:
VBScripts -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/default.mspx?mfr=true
Perl Scripts -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/perl/default.mspx?mfr=true

You'd probably have to bounce back and forth between scripts, but you should
be able to pull up the same (or similar) script in each Category and
compare.

HTH,
Jeremy