[Omaha.pm] [dynamic_omaha] January 8: Bob McCoy - PowerShell - Omaha Dynamic Language User Group

Blaine Buxton altodorado at blainebuxton.com
Thu Jan 3 19:28:43 PST 2008

Our next meeting. Come on down!

http://omaha.pm.org

Fingers tired from typing in all of those Emacs commands from trying
out new Ruby and Lisp code from the books you got for Christmas? Why
don't you take a small break and join your fellow comrades. Trust me
your mind and fingers will thank you. This month we have a very
special guest from Microsoft, Bob McCoy. He'll be demonstrating all
of the cool things that you can do with PowerShell. It just might
make Mac users envious. Here's the full abstract:
PowerShell is Microsoft’s next generation scripting language and
environment. It will be the native shell environment for Windows
Server 2008 and is at the heart of every administration task in
Exchange 2007. It is extremely powerful and at the same time very
simple to use. It is aimed at system administrators and scripters.
This will be about 40% slides and about 60% demonstration. I try to
keep it highly interactive so it ends up answering a lot of questions
along the way.
But, that's not all! You not only get Bob McCoy, but we're also
bringing the brightest fellows in Omaha. But, wait that's not all!
We'll throw in sponsorship from TekSystems which means free food and
more pop than you can drink. All for the incredible low price of
FREE! Why delay? Come to the meeting!

On a side note, a little bird told me that TekSystems has some Ruby
openings right now! Get in contact with Heather Blockovich or better
yet come to the meeting to find out more.
Topic	PowerShell
Speaker	Bob McCoy
Time	January 8, 7-9pm
Location	UNO's Peter Kiewit Institute (PKI) building 1110 South 67th
Street Omaha, NE
--
Blaine Buxton
Simplicity Synthesist