[Omaha.pm] warnings... boo!

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Jan 2 09:54:03 PST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Thompson, Kenn wrote:
>     } else {
>         no warnings 'uninitialized';
>         $c->log->debug("is_valid_pagesrc_pagedst($pagesrc,
> $pagedst) failed");
>
> Here's a dumb question- if it's one line to initialize, why not
> just initialize it instead of saying not to check?

Cause it's not always uninitialized. And I need to leave it alone if
it is initialized, so I'd have to do something like:

    unless ($pagesrc) { $pagesrc = "" }
    unless ($pagedst) { $pagedstc = "" }

Or I think this would work in 5.10:

    $pagesrc //= "";
    $pagedst //= "";

Or even

    for ($pagesrc, $pagedst) { $_ //= ""; }

But, I like the no warnings thing better than any of those...

(Plus I'm not on Perl 5.10 yet...)