[Omaha.pm] Command SCP client for Windows

Mario Steele mario at ruby-im.net
Thu Dec 4 11:04:12 PST 2008

Hey Dan,

> CygWin crossed my mind, but it's a lot more than I'd like to have my users
> install.

If you don't want to have a full blown Cygwin install, but are willing to
use Cygwin, another solution for you would be here:

It has scp, sftp, and ssh packaged up from Cygwin, with the bare essentials
needed to execute these things, and also give you a SSH Server that you can
setup on Windows.  Though, I can't say that I have had a whole lot of luck
with it, as far as the server, but the client stuff works pretty well, from
what I remember.  I had it setup on a mock MSys/MinGW Setup when I had
windows going on my main computer.  But now that I have a Linux kernel that
I can use, I use Linux exclusively.

Mario Steele