[Omaha.pm] CSV and core modules.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Aug 22 07:46:05 PDT 2008

Hello Omaha Perl Mongers:

I'm working on a project that will pull in data from CSV files.  The
old version of the program does all the CSV processing itself (i.e.
split(/,/, $line).  While this works, there are a few text fields that
could potentially contain commas themselves that would break this
horribly.  While the though occurred to me to try and come up with a
new RegExp for the find to ignore commas between quote (") characters,
I thought I'd ask the wisdom of the list to see if there was a CSV
perl module I'm missing?

I'd really like one that's included as part of the Perl core
distribution (5.8 and higher).  Did I miss this module?

If that's not an option, I've played with the Text::CSV_XS module and
it seems to work well.  Any other favorite CSV modules people use?

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from
the Satires of Juvenal