[Omaha.pm] Meeting reminder: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 @ 7pm!

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sun Mar 4 07:24:23 PST 2007

[Weird. I remembered to send this email. So I guess this month isn't
a secret meeting. -grin-]

http://omaha.pm.org/
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 @ 7pm!

Topic suggestions and guest speakers welcome.

Some things I've been mucking with lately:

- seqlab.net: BioPerl: Kiran and I have been QA'ing GenBank sequence
data w/ various open reading frames. Given a dataset like this:

70987046 found in BC-I.Organism2.seq
.seq ORF 0: MNQKNPKDTQNFITSKKHVKEILNHTNISKQDNVIEIGSGKGHFTX
.seq ORF 1: *TRKTLKTRKILLLLKSM*KKY*ITRISVNKTT**KSDQEKDILP
.seq ORF 2: EPEKP*RHAKFYYF*KACKRNIESHEYQ*TRQRNRNRIRKRTFYQ
GenBank:    MNQKNPKDTQNFITSKKHVKEILNHTNISKQDNVIEIGSGKGHFT

Can you detect that that ORF 0 is "close enough" to GenBank?  :)

- DBI::Profile - Profile your DBI database interaction by writing 0
lines of additional code.  :)

- Nobody is interested in hold a Perl Quiz Night?

http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/omaha-pm/2007-February/001326.html

- Nobody else uses Perl? You fibbers. :)

http://omaha.pm.org/kwiki/index.cgi?LocalOrganizationsWhoUsePerl

Our meetings are sponsored by Paragon IT Professionals. Thanks for
the pizza Jimmy Smith!

See ya there!