[Omaha.pm] Substitution loop

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Jul 31 13:11:58 PDT 2007

Andy Lester wrote:

> You can also use the tr/// operator for this sort of thing, if you want.

Jay,

You said "Anyone seen that error before?" Did you mean to include the
CommonShare.pm or a snippet of code?  I've used the s///g; many times
before and never really had a problem with it.  (Note, I don't optimize
for execution speed, rather readability and future "3AM support".)

It would be interesting to know which benchmarks faster, the "s///g" or
"tr///" on your data...

Dan

--
- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles "I do not