[Omaha.pm] [dynamic_omaha] Is this getting traction?

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Jan 20 05:28:39 PST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Matt Payne wrote:
> "ScriptDoc is an attempt to standardize documentation formats
> for dynamic languages. Read the proposal specification and get
> involved!" -- http://www.scriptdoc.org/
>
> Is this getting traction?

There's about a billion documents in Perl using "POD".

    http://perldoc.perl.org/perlpod.html

But POD doesn't dictate rules for GUI tools to "autocomplete" method
names, so you'd have to layer in additional (scriptdoc-like) syntax
for that inside your Perl. e.g. Komodo:

    http://www.activestate.com/_images/untour/screenshots/
write_great_code.png
    http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/more_information.plex

Every Perl person I know uses vi or emacs anyway.  :)