[Omaha.pm] Fwd: ref to a ref? circular refs?

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Thu Feb 22 05:28:33 PST 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 06:13, Daniel Linder wrote:
> On Wed, February 21, 2007 19:40, Jay Hannah wrote:
> > -laugh-
> >
> > Here's me back in January having fun with references to references...
> >
> > I stumbled into this entirely by mistake. Has anyone on the list ever
> > *intentionally* made a reference to a reference?
>
> Oh sure, this happens *ALL* the time in the Government::Accountability
> module.  You'd be surprised how many times the entire function of
> variables is just to point back to another module.
>
> I think the module President::Truman[1] was the last one that had a
> special flag ("BuckStopsHere=1"), but I can't remember if it affected the
> entire Government package...

This is also a frequent occurence in the Family::Accountability::Sibling
modules,which tend to point back to another sibling module.  Sometimes all
the functions of the Sibling variables end up pointing to the
Family::Accountability::Dog module, but this module's output is limited and
rather smelly.

Dave