[Omaha.pm] Perl, Python, Ruby or PHP ...

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Feb 24 14:32:44 PST 2007

On Feb 24, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Robert Fulkerson wrote:
> Why should we continue to teach Perl instead of Python at UNO?

Wow.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamebait  -laugh-

Your best shot at finding Pythonistas in Omaha:

    Omaha Dynamic Language User Group
    http://www.blainebuxton.com/odynug/

I've only made it out to one meeting so far. It was great.

I started a list of companies in Omaha that I know for a fact are using
Perl in important ways:

    http://omaha.pm.org/kwiki/index.cgi?LocalOrganizationsWhoUsePerl

Please add to it. And/or feel free to add a Python page/section/list
too. The Perl wiki is open minded and unafraid.  :)

(I vote for Perl. I am interested in learning Python some day.)