[Omaha.pm] Fwd: ref to a ref? circular refs?

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Feb 22 04:13:17 PST 2007

On Wed, February 21, 2007 19:40, Jay Hannah wrote:
> -laugh-
>
> Here's me back in January having fun with references to references...
>
> I stumbled into this entirely by mistake. Has anyone on the list ever
> *intentionally* made a reference to a reference?

Oh sure, this happens *ALL* the time in the Government::Accountability
module.  You'd be surprised how many times the entire function of
variables is just to point back to another module.

I think the module President::Truman[1] was the last one that had a
special flag ("BuckStopsHere=1"), but I can't remember if it affected the
entire Government package...

:)

Dan
Note 1: http://www.trumanlibrary.org/buckstop.htm

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov