[Omaha.pm] [olug] Bash TCP scripting

Larson, Timothy E. TELarson at west.com
Mon Dec 31 15:04:10 PST 2007

Jay Hannah <> wrote:
> Becomes? Wow. If you had sent that email in 1997 I would have agreed.
> We seem to have different takes on where Perl is on the alpha -
> production - obsolete bell curve.  :)

Heh.  I was going to grad school that year with CS majors that didn't
have a clue what to do at a Unix prompt.  I assume they all had
DOS/Windows backgrounds.  But yeah, I was still hearing that advice in
the late 90s.  Maybe the profs were just advising that you be really
conservative with expectations, or something.

Tim
--
Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
    InterCall, a division of West Corporation

               Eschew obfuscation!