[Omaha.pm] [olug] Bash TCP scripting

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Mon Dec 31 14:56:52 PST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007, at 11:33 AM, Christopher Cashell wrote:
> These days, it's almost hard to find a Unix install without at
> least a basic Perl install.

I've been Perl'ing since 1993/1995 (depending on what you count) and
I can't remember working on a *nix box didn't have Perl on it.
(Except intentionally stripped-down machines.) A few months back I
got stuck on an 8 year old Solaris box that had an 8 year old Perl on
it (5.0-something). That was pretty painful since I needed to do some
pretty recent LDAP stuff. Amazingly, the latest Perl 5.8 built and
installed on that box with no problems and I was back in heaven.
perl5-porters are magical creatures.  :)