[Omaha.pm] Keeping tens of perl installs in sync. Is autobundle the answer?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Aug 30 05:59:52 PDT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Dave Thacker wrote:

> Ah, one of my former co-workers recommended that tactic.  So let's wander down
> that road a bit.
> 1)How do you handle something that has lots 'o options, such as Template
> Toolkit?

Not sure -- never used that.  Or, apparently, anything else were the
many options mattered terribly.

> 2) Do you use a repository or roll your own rpms?

Yes.

I draw from various repositories as often as possible (we're a RHEL
shop, so Redhat, Dag Wieers, Karan Singh, CentOS+, etc.; rpmfind.net
FTW!); failing that, cpan2rpm saves the day.

> 3) Any pointers to docs?

http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/ is all I've ever needed

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator