[Omaha.pm] weee, I get to use perl again

Larson, Timothy E. TELarson at west.com
Fri Aug 24 14:19:43 PDT 2007

Huzzah, I'm back among the Perly ones.  :)  I feel so rusty...

I want to implement a simple config file by requiring a file at runtime
- seems easy enough.  I'd like to do it smart, though, so I don't have
to edit the path in my script when this moves into production.  There's
got to be a simple way to get the abs path to <my_bin_dir>/../lib so the
thing is portable.  Only a few lines to write myself, I suppose, but
maybe even a one-liner if I just knew which function/module to use.
I've tried File::Spec and Cwd but can't get it quite right.

Baby steps back into the pool...

Tim
--
Tim Larson
InterCall, a subsidiary of West Corporation