[Omaha.pm] Devel::Timer - Jay the CPAN author :)

Dave M dave.nerd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 08:37:46 PDT 2007

On 8/12/07, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:
> Hey, neato. I've now contributed to CPAN!
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~szabgab/Devel-Timer-0.04/lib/Devel/Timer.pm
>
> - In report(), I added collapse and sort_by.
> - I added get_stats.
> - Gabor set up the test framework, I added about 40 tests.
>
> Pretty slick. I decided on Friday I needed a better tool for a
> project I'm tackling at work. I committed my patches into Gabor's SVN
> Friday and Saturday, and by Sunday my code is out on CPAN (273
> mirrors!) for the whole world to make fun of!
>
> Pretty cool.  :)

Nice, Jay. I can see where this would be useful too.

I've written one or two modules, but none that are CPAN-worthy yet.
Mostly it's to apply what you taught us from the class you gave awhile
back:

"10/10/2006 - Meeting! Ryan Stille, Dave M., Kiran, and Mike gather
around as Jay presents Object Oriented Perl 101."