[Omaha.pm] secret meeting tonight @ 7pm

Dave M dave.nerd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 05:16:45 PDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2006, at 6:03 AM, Dave M wrote:
> >> By request, Jay Hannah will be giving the following presentations:
> >>
> >> 1) Intro to Perl OO programming
> >
> > Ah HA! I knew you didn't like my 1738 line program!! :)
>
> -laugh-
>
> I believe you requested that I give that talk, not me. I'm very
> diplomatic when I stare at other peoples code. And any code I wrote
> more than 2 weeks ago, for that matter. :)
>
> For anyone that hasn't seen it, Dave is doing some really cool stuff
> with Perl/Tk. He's written a largish event-driven app:
>
>    http://clamtk.sourceforge.net/
>
> I've never done event-driven programming in Perl. "Fat clients" /
> GUIs. A whole other world. Slick.

The gtk2-perl stuff is neat - check it out here:
http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/

There's a good, responsive mailing list and links to some very good
tutorials as well, for anyone that's interested in giving it a whirl.

Maybe I'll give a lightning talk on beginning gtk2 one of these
meetings... a more generic intro talk or something.