[Omaha.pm] DBH statement isn't closing

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Sep 21 04:46:36 PDT 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:32 AM, Mike Hostetler wrote:
> On 9/20/06, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:
>> Huh. I'm surprised DBD::SQLite docs say to 'use DBI;'. I would have
>> thought they would say to 'use SQLite;'. Oh well, no matter.
>
> Just following the docs, man, just following the docs.

Ya.

I meant "use DBD::SQLite;". I believe the DBI docs say to "use" your
individual DBD drivers, not DBI itself. Yet the author of DBD::SQLite
apparently doesn't care about that (or I am mistaken). Oh well.
Whatever works. :)

>>> $stmt->bind_columns(undef,\$lat,\$lon);
>>
>> What does that undef do? Try removing that.
>>
> See my comment above. :)  Okay, took it out but no change -- things
> still worked, but still complainin'.

Huh. 'bind_columns(undef,' is in the DBD::SQLite docs?

>> Are your versions of DBD::SQLite and DBI current?
>>
>>    perl -MDBI -e 'DBI->installed_versions'
>
> My DBD::SQLite was current (because I just installed it. :) but DBI
> did not.  Upgrading took care of it.
>
> Glad it was just that easy.  Thanks!

No sweat. What are you using SQLite for? Just curious.