[Omaha.pm] Moving library paths around... what did I break?

Jay Hannah jhannah at omnihotels.com
Tue Sep 12 13:05:27 PDT 2006

I just moved a bunch of library paths around on one of our ancient
servers. How do I know what Perl programs I broke?

Maybe I'll run "perl -c" on all my programs? If the "use X::Y::Z;"
statements can't find X/Y/Z.pm then perl -c should bark at me...

$ find ./ -name "*.pl" | xargs -l1 perl -c
./reports/importer.pl syntax OK
./reports/nightly.pl syntax OK
./reports/permission_denied.pl syntax OK
./reports/unknown_report_lister.pl syntax OK
./eWin/eod.pl syntax OK
./eWin/run_eod2.pl syntax OK
./eWin/j.pl syntax OK
./eWin/check_eod.pl syntax OK
./supplier_upload/index.pl syntax OK
./supplier_upload/oracle_supplier_upload.pl syntax OK

Oooo... Cool. Looks like I'm OK. :)

Just to make sure that works I moved my paths to known bad locations.
Yup, every one of those blew up big time.

And knowing is half the battle. -grin-

http://www.joeheadquarters.com/joeendings.shtml