[Omaha.pm] Perl regexp problem...

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Sat May 13 22:37:29 PDT 2006

In a program (which supposedly uses Perl for the back-end), it has a
filter field that I can define using Perl regexp expressions.

For example, this line:

^var1=(?i)(.*)(5705)(.*)

will find all lines that begin with "var1=", followed byt any
characters, then 5705, then any other characters.  This filter works
fine.

What I want to do is write a filter that finds the opposite lines; i.e all
lines that begin with "var1=" but do not have 5705 in their
value.  I tried

^var1=(?i)(.*)(^5705)(.*)

but that didn't work...

Any ideas?

Dan

- - - -

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac
Asimov

"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's
grave to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT
(208848)

GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68