[Omaha.pm] Devel::Timer useful for MySQL performance tuning

Mat Caughron mat at phpconsulting.com
Wed May 10 12:55:23 PDT 2006

Jay et al:

The MySQL TIMESTAMP doesn't really go beyond seconds (there are some hacks
for milliseconds but that also isn't likely to be good enough)  which
makes performance tuning with native SQL difficult at best.  So the next
best thing would be to break complex queries into pieces and let your
application handle high-res time resolution for each beginning and
ending each piece.
    (  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/time.html  )

Thanks for pointing this one out!

Mat Caughron