[Omaha.pm] Looking for places for a hackathon

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Mon Jul 17 06:41:52 PDT 2006

On Sunday 16 July 2006 13:31, Andy Lester wrote:
> I'm looking around for places we could have a midwest area hackathon.
>
> We'd need to put up 10-30 folks, probably at a corporate retreat
> center.  Basically, we'd have people fly in from around the country,
> or drive in if they're local, and we'd live at this place 24/7
> programming on projects.  Come in Friday, leave Sunday late, or
> Monday morning, I suspect.
>
> We need wi-fi Internet, a couple of meeting rooms, and sleeping rooms
> for maybe half of the attendees.
>
> And I figured that Omaha would be a great place since that's where
> Jay is from, and he's Mr. Mongers.
>
> Any suggestions?

University of Nebraska at Omaha-Peter Keiwit Institute-Anybody on this list?

Creighton University-Do we have any monger contacts?

We have a couple of retreat centers  within 50 miles of Omaha (Leid center in
Nebraska City, Mahoney State Park), not sure about capabilities for Wi-fi.

I've been looking for a place to host a BarCamp (http://www.barcamp.org) so
I'll just add your requirements to my list.   What's your time frame, Andy?

Dave