[Omaha.pm] C++ questions (kidding)

griffinheart at go.com griffinheart at go.com
Sun Jul 2 21:06:15 PDT 2006

I have a few questions I could use some help with:

1.  Is there a way to read in a file one character at a time (a text
file) so I could store it into an array?
2.  If not, is there any way to "pop" or "shift" a scalar to remove a
character like you could to an array?
3.  When you send an argument to a subroutine, is the argument
actually "sent" or is it just referenced?  (This is important due to
the size of variables I'm working with.)

Thanks for your time
Griffinheart

"It's not that I'm smarter than other people.  It's that I stay with
problems longer."
Albert Einstein